Serving Dracut, MA residents for 15+ years!
#1 AC Repair Company in Dracut, MA, with Over 600 Five-star Reviews
For Dracut AC repair services you can count on, call New Era Plumbing & HVAC at (978) 593-2294.
Is your air conditioner not working as it should, or has it stopped working altogether? Unfortunately, AC systems don’t last forever and can leave you in a predicament during the hottest part of the year. If you’re struggling with a faulty air conditioning unit, reach out to New Era Plumbing & HVAC for top-quality AC repair services in Dracut, MA.
Top-rated Air Conditioning Service Company in Dracut
When it comes to AC repair, Dracut residents turn to the experts at New Era Plumbing & HVAC. Our team has over 15 years of industry experience, providing exceptional services with a customer-first approach. We bring state-of-the-art equipment and decades of combined knowledge to every job to ensure efficient repairs with long-lasting results.
New Era Plumbing & HVAC is the number one air conditioning service company in the Dracut, MA, area. Don’t just take our word for it — take the word of over 600 customers who gave us five-star reviews. Customers love how our technicians spot issues quickly, pay attention to details throughout the repair process, and apply solutions that prevent long-term damage.
Reasons Your AC Unit May Stop Working
Like most things, air conditioning systems will grow old and wear out over time. Storm damage and improper use can cause your AC unit to break long before it should. However, there are many other reasons why your system might stop working.
One of the most common issues behind a faulty air conditioner is clogged or dirty air filters. Air filters prevent dust, dirt, pet dander, and other contaminants from getting into the air ducts and blowing back into your home. However, these contaminants can accumulate and eventually clog the filtration system.
Clogged air filters might not seem like a big deal at first, but you should never ignore them. If your air filters clog, it can keep your AC unit from functioning at the highest level, leading to the premature breakdown of various components. This problem can also affect your indoor air quality, leading to the following health concerns:
- Excessive coughing and sneezing
- Difficulty breathing
- Nausea and frequent headaches
- Lung disease
Your outdoor condensing unit uses refrigerant to turn hot air from outside into cool air for your home. If your AC unit isn’t working correctly, it might be due to low refrigerant levels. Refrigerant may leak or run out, making regulating temerpatures in your living space almost impossible.
Do you suspect low refrigerant is the culprit behind your defective AC system? Contact New Era Plumbing & HVAC for AC repair services! We can quickly identify the problem with a diagnostic test and thorough inspection.
Frozen evaporator coils could also be the reason your AC isn’t working. The condensation on evaporator coils may freeze as the result of low refrigerant or if the ducts are clogged and restricting airflow. If left unaddressed, the ice will build up over time and can damage your unit.
Another common problem with AC units involves the fan. When the blower fan stops working, the system can overheat and strain to produce cold air. You may experience fan problems due to frozen evaporator coils, debris stuck in the mechanisms, or simply a worn-out motor.
Many homeowners assume it’s a mechanical problem if their air conditioning systems stop working as expected. And it usually is. However, you could be experiencing a malfunction due to electrical issues with the thermostat.
A broken thermostat may give you an inaccurate temperature reading. For example, it might say the temperature is 65 degrees when the unit is actually blowing 70-degree air into your home. The thermostat controls your AC, so the whole system may fail when this component goes haywire.
Your air conditioner has drains to keep the system dry and prevent corrosion. Unfortunately, these drains might get backed up for various reasons, resulting in standing water in the drain pain and waterline. This stagnant water can corrode your unit’s mechanisms and make the air output uncomfortably humid.
Signs You May Need AC Repair
Most air conditioner problems don’t happen overnight. More often than not, the system will show warning signs that something is wrong and needs attention. Don’t hesitate to call New Era Plumbing & HVAC for AC repair services if you notice any of the following red flags.
FAQs Regarding Air Conditioning Repair
Do you have questions about AC repair? Below, we answer a few FAQs regarding air conditioning repair to help you know what to expect. Feel free to call us at (978) 593-2294 if you don’t find the answers you’re looking for — our friendly staff would be happy to help!
Highly trained HVAC technicians can handle a broad range of issues concerning your air conditioning. Occasionally, though, you can take care of the problem yourself. Here are some ways you can fix your broken AC unit without having to call for expert service:
- Check the thermostat. Fixing your air conditioner could be as simple as checking the thermostat. Sometimes, users unintentionally set the thermostat to the wrong temperature and change the settings. Make sure your unit isn’t stuck in fan-only mode and is set to the temperature you want.
- Change the air filter. Clogged air filters are a common problem but are easy to fix. You can check the filters before calling New Era Plumbing & HVAC and change them if they look filthy. We recommend checking your air filters monthly and replacing them every two to three months (or as necessary).
- Inspect the outdoor unit. Sticks, leaves, plants, and other debris from your yard can prevent your AC unit from running properly. Tree limbs can damage your outdoor unit if they fall on it, and plants can block airflow if they grow too close. You’ll want to walk around outside to ensure that your system has no signs of visible damage.
AC repair can cost anywhere from a hundred dollars to several thousand. It often depends on the type of repair, how long it takes, how complex it is, and whether you need additional parts. For example, replacing a blown fuse will cost much less than replacing an evaporator coil.
Another factor to consider is your AC unit’s condition and age. It’s often more challenging (and therefore more expensive) to repair an older unit with minor issues than a newer one with significant, extensive damage. Your system may still be under warranty, in which case you could get some services free of charge.
In some cases, replacing your AC unit is a better option than trying to fix it. Air conditioners should last up to 20 years with proper maintenance, but many stop working after only a decade. Replacing your unit might be the best option if it requires repairs near the end of its life.
You should also consider replacement instead of repairs if the repairs will be more expensive. Constant upkeep and extensive repairs can add up and cost you a lot in the long run. Getting a whole new system might be cheaper, and you wouldn’t have to think about repairs anytime soon.
Anyone can work on an AC unit, but not everyone has the proper certifications, tools, and knowledge to do the job right. It’s important to choose experienced technicians with a proven track record as you search for “AC repair near me.” Here are a few tips to help you find the right AC repair company for your preferences and needs:
- Research online. Googling air conditioning repair companies in Dracut, MA, will return a long list of viable options. You can visit websites and local listings to learn about the businesses.
- Read customer reviews and testimonials. Top-rated companies like New Era Plumbing & HVAC are happy to display reviews and customer testimonials. You can read through them to get a sense of the services and customer experience.
- Ask friends and family. If you’re struggling with a broken AC unit, you’re not alone. Your friends and family have likely requested services from an AC repair company and can help you determine the right one for your needs.
- Request quotes. You can use quotes from various companies to compare pricing and find the one that works best for your budget. While cheaper doesn’t necessarily mean better, you don’t want to choose an AC repair company that charges well above industry standards.
Get Reliable AC Repair From New Era Plumbing & HVAC
Regular maintenance and repair can help keep your AC unit in tip-top condition all year long. Some things you can do yourself, but others will require the dedicated attention of an experienced professional. When you get top-quality AC repairs from New Era Plumbing & HVAC, you get the following benefits:
- Improved functionality
- Increased efficiency
- Better air quality
- Extended lifespan
- Decreased energy bills
New Era Plumbing & HVAC is your go-to option for AC repair in Dracut, MA, and the surrounding areas. We offer hassle-free services with a personal touch, ensuring every job goes as smoothly as possible with minimal inconvenience. Our team will not only solve the problem, but we will implement solutions that keep it from escalating and leading to costly, frequent repairs in the future.
Are you looking for AC repair services in Dracut, MA? Call New Era Plumbing & HVAC at (978) 593-2294 to get a quote today!